Quick & Easy Antioxidant Bowl
This blueberry based smoothie bowl was delicious and so rich in incredible nutrients that I had to share. Not to mention, it was extremely quick, and easy to make--I did it with a sleepy baby on my hip!
Below is a break down of the ingredients in my bowl, and what they do to nourish your body, followed by how to make it:
Blueberry: Rich in anthocyanin, carotenoids, flavonoid, and more, blueberries are truly the OG superfood.
Vanilla: This potent and aromatic delicacy is an ancient aphrodisiac, soothing the nervous system and alleviating stress, while also acting as an antioxidant.
Chia: A nutritional treasure chest, used for centuries as a potent source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, antioxidants and minerals. Chia seeds detoxify the body, clear the digestive system, stimulate the brain and nourish skin, hair and internal organs.
Cinnamon: A cozy spice that is both fragrant and nourishing. Cinnamon effectively lowers blood sugar and tames inflammation, warming the palate and soothing the organs.
Pink Salt: It works as an electrolyte, balancing fluid both within and outside your body’s cell walls. Pink salt helps to regulate pH, stimulate digestive enzymes and transport amino acids into the bloodstream. Pink salt also contains trace minerals that detoxify, beautify and balance from the inside out.
Coconut: The benefits of coconut are endless but most importantly it activates the brain, support the thyroid and nourishes skin.
Goji Berry: (aka Wolfberry) contains one of the richest sources of lutein and zeaxanthin which are two very important carotenoids that have powerful antioxidant and blue-light absorbing properties.
Walnut: Traditionally known as a powerful blood-purifying agent, walnuts contain high amounts of polyunsaturated fattty acids, linoleic acid, alpha-linoleic acid, fiber, phosphorus, potassium, and folate, It also contains a hefty amount of the antioxidant vitamin E.
BLUEBERRY ANTIOXIDANT BOWL
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic goji berries
- 2 tablespoons organic walnuts
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic shredded coconut
- pinch of pink sea salt
- Combine blueberries, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and pink sea salt in a powerful blender until smooth--like ice cream consistency.
- Place into a bowl, and top with goji berries, walnuts, chia seeds, and shredded coconut.
- Mar 19, 2018 Lactational Amenorrhea: Breastfeeding As An Effective Form of Birth Control Mar 19, 2018
- Mar 6, 2018 How to Sustainably Harvest Botanicals Mar 6, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 CONNECTING WITH YOUR WOMB: YONI STEAMS Jan 15, 2018
- Nov 28, 2017 Holiday Health Survival Guide: Tips to Prevent Burnout Nov 28, 2017
- May 19, 2017 Home Remedies: Soothing + Nourishing PMS Tea May 19, 2017
- May 18, 2017 Common Signs of Pregnancy May 18, 2017
- May 11, 2017 10 Chemicals to Avoid While Pregnant May 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017 Local, Sustainable, Wildcrafted Nasturtium Tincture May 9, 2017
- May 5, 2017 Home Remedies: Seasonal Allergies + Hay Fever May 5, 2017
- May 4, 2017 Home Remedies Series May 4, 2017
- May 4, 2017 Top 10 Fertility Boosting Foods May 4, 2017
- May 3, 2017 Sharing the Wisdom of the Earth May 3, 2017
- May 2, 2017 My Favorite Preconception Supplements May 2, 2017
- May 1, 2017 Permission to Pause May 1, 2017
- Jan 10, 2017 An Introduction To Nutrition For The Childbearing Years Jan 10, 2017
- Dec 19, 2016 The Power of Homeopathy Dec 19, 2016
- Dec 18, 2016 TRANSITIONING FROM AN EMPTY CUP TO ONE THAT OVERFLOWS Dec 18, 2016
- Dec 13, 2016 Kid's Fruit + Vegetable Cookies Dec 13, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 Birth Trauma: Holding Space Dec 12, 2016
- October 2016
- Sep 22, 2016 Motherhood Medicine's Miracle Belly Butter Sep 22, 2016
- Sep 19, 2016 Motherhood Medicine's Diaper Wipe Solution Sep 19, 2016
- Sep 17, 2016 Morning Rituals: Tumeric & Ginger Latte Sep 17, 2016
- Sep 16, 2016 Moon Magic: Harvest Moon + Lunar Eclipse Sep 16, 2016
- Sep 14, 2016 From Maiden to Mother Sep 14, 2016